pic

pic

Thursday 31 May 2012

A Jubilee Joke?

Scrolling through my inbox this morning, I stumbled across an email from Pampers, excitedly telling me all about their new, limited addition, Union Jack nappies, specially to mark the Queen's Jubilee. Well, as you can imagine, I was just about to run out, there and then to stock up, when I got to thinking...Surely this particular celebratory gesture is in slightly questionable taste? And what pray, does (the royal) Herself think of it all? Was she even consulted?  I mean, think about it, what our Luke produces with efficient regularity in his Pampers, is both impressively large, and eye wateringly malodorous. In a special Pampers Jubilee nappy, he would happily deposit this atop a Union Jack, once, more likely twice, a day. As an adult, this would undoubtably be viewed as a subversive political statement, yet in a 2 year old, it's a Jubilee celebration...so party on little dude! We are not amused. (Well maybe just a little bit!)


9 comments:

  1. I for one am VERY amused. Poop on little Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably the very least you can do for one..(im not really a royalist)

    Mind you if its for supporting team GB in August..thats a bit different. :)

    I did see these in Asda the other day but resisted. i think they look cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have guessed I'm not a royalist myself ;-) but as you say, the Olympics are something to look forward to !

      Delete
  3. I thought exactly the same thing when I got that email! Let's crap all over the union jack..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I don't think that was their point at all- we're obviously anarchists :-))

      Delete
  4. When we were camping with half the village recently, the most red, white and blue tent won a special jubilee prize - union jack bogroll. Not sure what that was supposed to convey.

    ReplyDelete