pic

pic

Friday 3 October 2014

It's Not You, It's Me.



I've been putting this moment off for a while now.

I've been changing my mind, and making excuses but now the time has come. So I'm just going to come right out and say it...

We need to take a break.
 I need some time to go and do other things.

 I'm really going to miss you though. Yes, we've had our ups and downs but three years is a long time and you've always been there for me. I've learned so much from you too.

You've given me confidence in myself and pointed me down a path that I didn't know even know was there before. And I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

You know you'll always be special, no matter what and I wish we could just go on as we are, but it wouldn't be fair..to either of us. And yes, I know there's a good chance that you'll  fall for someone else but that's a risk I have to to take.

And anyway,  I'm kinda secretly hoping  we might still hook up sometimes? As in, do you think you might  be open to the occasional booty call?
Don't look at me like that...you know you've always liked my cheeky side!  

So I'm just going to quietly exit stage left now. I've never liked goodbyes and this isn't one ....it's more a 'Catch you in the long grass' and in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger 'I'll be back.'

  Laters lovelies and thanks for the craic,
 Emma xx




10 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry that you're leaving, but obviously you have to do what's right for you and your family. I don't normally (well never tbh) comment...I just enjoy reading, and smiling, at things your kids have said or done! I hope that you find that you are able to return - even occasionally - to continue to entertain us. Please find a way to continue to write - you certainly have a gift for it. Perhaps there may be a short story or novel in the pipeline.

    I wish you all well in whatever ventures you are planning. Please come back soon.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooooooooo!! I will miss you so much...you brought the Tipperary donkey derby to my life!! Super sad but I know you have great things ahead...onwards and upwards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you whatever you do, and i think you are right if that matters xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it just feel right to stop for a while and that's ok but you might find that you feel differently next week and that's ok too. Best of luck, I wont say goodbye,I'll just say 'later'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll miss your fab blog entries but understand completely how these things can become more work than pleasure , and then what is the point! Enjoy ur break

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are leaving me?!?!? :(( Devastated doesn't cut it!
    I understand though, just. And i will certainly come and hunt you down next time i am in Belfast xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please pop over and say hi every now and then x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad cause I really only just found you. But I can see wonderful things round the corner x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss you, Emma - have just thought of you and your blog for some reason and decided to check to see if you'd restarted. Sadly not - I'll continue to live in hope that you may take it up again one day :)
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete