- It was Jude's eleventh birthday this week, and on the very same day we found out that he'd been officially accepted to the same grammar school as his sister. Good times all round calling for large slices of chocolate cake,( which I'd love to say I baked, but that would be a shameless lie.)
- Check out the pop up card Rory made him for his birthday-it's definitely one to keep!
- Jude got his very first phone for his birthday and is completely obsessed. A new rule had to swiftly put in place, banning him from bringing it to bed with him, otherwise he would never sleep or read again.
- He began drumming lessons a few months ago, so he also got a new (to him) drum kit. (Or rather, half a drum kit as he paid for the other half himself.) So far, he's been practicing relentlessly... proving you really can have too much of a good thing!.
- The weather's glorious so the paddling pool's getting great use the last few weeks. Luke LOVES it and sees it as his cue to strip completely. Unsurprisingly, the others are getting wary as he's fast gaining a reputation for peeing in the pool. As this immediately clears the pool, leaving him space to really spread out and enjoy himself-what's not to love?
- I'm off to SingalongaAbba tomorrow night with the ladies- Gimme a wee bit of Dancing Queen and Super Trouper and I'm anybody's!. Whatever you happen to be up to on this lovely long weekend, I hope you have fun too!
I MAY have mentioned this before ;-) but I'm a finalist in two categories in the MAD Blog Awards. If you're feeling any love at all for this wee blog, I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for me in the Family Life category (the other one is decided by judges). Here's the link- http://www.the-mads.com/vote.htm and thank you very much xxxx
PS While you're there, check out the other finalists-who'd have believed there were so many amazing blogs out there?