pic

pic

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day 1-D Day -Today was my first day with my new personal trainer (here's me, wha?) Damien Denny and it was all about assessing

10th March

Day 1-D Day -Today was my first day with my new personal trainer (here's me, wha?) Damien Denny and it was all about assessing my level of (un)fitness. We met at my house straight after the school run and he talked to me about my usual speed and times of my usual 3 mile loop. 'Well, that would depend on who I meet on the way round and how much time I spend chatting." was my too honest answer. I went on to share my working theory that you should be able to talk but not sing, as a guideline for optimum walking speed (read  once in a women's magazine), but I think this merely gave the impression that I was a lazy mare who talked and sang to herself (when she wasn't chatting)round the roads of Glenavy.
So off we went-Damien timed us as we walked my usual route, and we finished in just under 45 minutes (quite a bit faster than usual!)  Then it was on to a selection of exercises using small weights-mainly leg and bum focused, although the bingo wings were briefly tackled too. Well-those leg lunges-the only lunge Ive done in recent years is across the table to top up my wine glass! Let's just say, I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow-my legs are like jelly but that must be good -right!? The most surprising thing was how I felt when I finished-I was on a high, bursting with energy. Maybe it was partly relief that the first session was over and I'd managed okay physically. I'd also got on well with Damien-he's so easy to chat to but I also know he's got my number...His parting words were 'You're certainly in your comfort zone" which I think is PT speak for 'I'm going to work your lazy arse off!'  Next session tomorrow morning-eeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment