pic

pic

Monday 4 February 2013

A Monday Minute

 I usually enjoy a bit of a yarn with you on a Monday, but that won't be happening today I'm afraid, because I have not one, but two boys off school with high temperatures, sore throats and bad coughs. So I'm just grabbing a break right now, between ladling calpol into the pair of them and just generally dispensing endless TLC. I've no doubt that any minute now I'll hear another pitiful, terribly feeble cry of 'Mammy!, and I'll have to take my leave. (I HAVE noticed though that if that wavering little call is ignored for any length of time, it DOES seem to rally and grow somewhat stronger and more distinct. Just saying.)

This is definitely one of those times where my being at home makes family life a little bit easier all round. I have to say that I'm very glad I didn't have to bundle up and offload two sick children on a friend or relative this morning..although it's probably more likely than one of us would have taken a day off, and let's face it, we all know who that would be! So, even though it mightn't always FEEL like a big plus, today I know that it  is. Like every other parent, I often find myself doubting our choices, wondering if we should be doing things differently, pondering if I'd perhaps be a better role model to my children, (never mind being a bit more flush!), if I was out at work. But for right now, I'm simply going to acknowledge the fact that it's a bonus, that while we've children off sick, I'm able to be here with them easily.


On a lighter and MUCH more frivolous note, I wanted to show you my newest footwear purchase- this cheeky little pair of Fly London ankle boots, that I bought on sale, reduced from £115 to £34.50, a tote amaze 70% saving, thank you very much! I'd wanted a comfy but stylish pair of everyday boots, only I'm allergic to completely flat footwear, but VERY partial to a wedge, so these were perfect. They arrived on Thursday and I've worn them all day every day since, and they're as comfortable as slippers, only clearly MUCH more fabulous!

 And the best part? I managed to flog two pairs of Fly London 'gently worn but with lots of wear left so grab yourself a bargain!' boots on eBay which covered the cost, so schweet to the beat! Who's the Mama, eh!!?? Must go, I'm sure I hear a weak little voice somewhere calling my name. Hope Monday's good to you! Emxx



  I've joined up with Sarah Miles at Hello Wall today-go on over and take a peek at the rest! 

themondayclub



13 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice boots! I've got shoe envy here!

    Hope your kiddies get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I love them! ( you probably already guessed that!) as for the kids, I think they're thankfully on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous boots and another v funny post. Hope the kids are better soon and back to school. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All back to school tomorrow thank goodness Avril! *breathes a HUGE sigh of relief*

      Delete
  4. And now I have major boot envy! I simply love Fly boots (have 3 pairs in total) and currently looking for another pair - Amazon do some great deals....must dash!! PS hope your kiddies get better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon is wonderful for shoes and I LOVE Fly too. Hope you snagged a wee bargain xx

      Delete
  5. Great boots! I spent all last week ill or with ill children. So exhausting.....

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear me, isn't it!! So glad they're back tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. We had a similar week last week - all poorly - myself included. Calpol, nurofen and antibiotics dispensed and they are all back at school today thank goodness - I'm done in! Love the boots - hope the kids get through it quickly! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's really tough when you get sick too...hope you got time to chill now they're back. (I should buy shares in Calpol!)

      Delete
  7. I had two at home this week with exactly the same symptoms. I am also very jealous of the fact that you have been at home. I work, and as you say, it's Mummy who usually misses work. It's a very busy week and trying to work, whilst dishing out the calpol and TLC, has been quite fun! It's the lack of sleep that has taken it's toll on me. Little visitors at all hours! I think I deserve some new boots! Hope the recover very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You TOTALLY deserve new boots after all that. Really hope things have settled down for you now though- its sooooo tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are amazing. I googled Monday Minute and found you today. How nice.

    ReplyDelete