1. Christmas dinner is barely over before Cormac and Rory, both of whom have January birthdays, begin enthusiastically brainstorming ideas for their parties and possible presents. My role at this point, is to temper those ideas a little bit, reel them in gently, suggest more realistic options.....Yep, basically I'm Queen Buzzkill. This year we've finally decided on a retro party at home for Rory, and a swimming pool and diner trip for Cormac. (And in case you're wondering- 'retro' simply means that we'll play Pass the Parcel and Musical Chairs, and chow down on Onion Rings and Top Hats).
Rory had initially requested a visit to the local fun farm, having recently seen photos of himself there as a toddler. These were taken however on a beautiful June day, not a cold rainy January one, but when I tried to explain this to him, he replied 'But Mummy, every special day is always sunny! Like.... like.... Jude's Confirmation Day!' Bless him, because in actual fact, it rained that day as well, but you really gotta love the wonderfully selective, rose tinted memory of a six year old. So we reached a compromise- the party at home now and a trip to the farm in the Spring..
2. Meanwhile, the potty training saga continues. As I write this, I'm sitting alongside my potty buddy, watching Cbeebies, while making encouraging noises and promises of treats for deposits made. He, on the other hand, clearly NEEDS to go, but is doing his absolute best to hold it in, which is frustrating both of us because we're heading out soon, and that means he gets a 'pull-up' on. The problem is, that he's got the whole scenario about face, illustrating impressive bowel and bladder control at potty time, but as soon as a pull up goes on, it's bombs away.
Yes indeed, (except for bedtime obviously, I'm not a masochist), we're going cold turkey and that means no more pullups...nada, zip, zilch. The issue arises when we leave the house-that's when the pullups go on and the dirty deed is done.
Therefore....I give you ...(drumroll please) the Potette Plus 2 in 1- a nifty portable potty/toilet seat delivered today, bang on time, by Handsome Delivery Man. So people, as of right now, we are good to go, and if you spot me out and about, it will be with my ubiquitous trusty bag containing the potette, bags, wipes, a full change of clothes and multiple pairs of pants. My days of travelling light may be over but I am ALL over the potty situation like a rash. Wish me luck peeps....there may be trouble ahead...(I feel a song coming on.)
4. I went back to Zumba last night. Like many others I'd fallen by the wayside during the Autumn, but spurred on by our enhanced Christmas love handles, most of us have found our way back. Now I'll not lie, it was tough going, and by the time Gangnam Style came on, I was so puffed out from leaping about, there was very nearly weeping and gnashing of teeth, but instead I kept 'er lit and thanked God for Tenalady.
5. Finally, I've rediscovered Ebay, this time in my new role as seller.To be honest, it was always such a pain to upload the pictures and check the computer for updates, but now with the new Ebay app, all that's wee buns....AND the perfect way to offset any January sales splurge. (Who me?) Thus far, I've sold two dresses and a keyring, and am currently flogging a phone cover, a top, a cardigan, a dress and a pair of shoes. All NWOT, and would you believe, I've discovered that I have quite a talent when it comes to writing the descriptions as well! 'Classy, elegant, yet so sexy too! Go on treat yourself and bag a bargain!' So good in fact, that I've almost bid on them by mistake myself!
6. Finally finally, give yourself a pat on the back, because that's the first week of bleak old January over and EVERYONE knows the first week's the absolute worst so I dont know about you, but in my book that calls for a celebratory glass or three!
Happy Weekend, my loveliesxxxx