pic

pic

Friday 4 October 2013

Friday Quicktakes

1. I got a card in the post this week and it made me smile....actually, it made me LOL a lot! It was from my lovely cousin Helen, in recognition of my most unexpected win in the MAD Blog Awards a few weeks ago.   I'm a sucker for a naughty card!




And if the front of the card wasn't enough to give me that Friday feeling on a Tuesday, when I opened it up, her brother (my cousin) Paul had taken the time to design and sketch the most perfect tat, just for me, right down to its bootilicious location! This pleased me greatly.
And blessed with this level of creativity, you probably won't be too surprised to know that he also writes a blog...which, in case you're wondering, isn't tattoo related.


2.  I SO wish I'd time to tell you ALL about my writing class but in a nutshell-it was a little scary and I'm definitely feeling out of my depth, but maybe that's not a bad thing? It turns out that one of my classmates is a  neighbour and fellow parent who's written an actual book already. So while she was producing thousands of words, I was  hanging out the flippin' washing!
 There's was also a fellow blogger there, whose blog I LOVE-we've known each other virtually for a while and I was so excited to meet in IRL. Oh, and it turns out SHE knows my cousin's blog because they're virtual blogging buddies... although now I think of it, they did meet up once IRL and now I'm rambling-sorry!
Suffice to say, it's going to be a very steep learning curve for L'il Old Me and I'm just hoping that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew... now I'm mixing my metaphors so maybe it's time to shut up.

3. I'll leave you now with a little Friday tune - I heard it on the radio this morning and it brought me back to a time a very long time ago when the words whispered quietly to my tortured teenage self, especially the
bit in the middle. Yikes! Buzzkill Alert but don't panic- the song's a good one! Happy Friday Peeps xx


4 comments:

  1. I do love Friday quick takes (and I missed them whilst they took a sabbatical). Was that song really from so long ago? Thanks for posting the vid - love the dog and the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell you nathin'!
    Also - imagine the delight of someone clicking onto my blog, thrilled at the prospect of seeing more sparkly shoes, pert derrieres and tattoos, and finding... well... something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about cheeky (geddit?)!
    As I scrolled down reading this post I thought, oh no, she hasn't, she wouldn't, she has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't seem to be able to comment - final attempt - clearly the post works more effectively for me.

    ReplyDelete