1. It's all over. Christmas and New Year that is...as if you didn't know, and I'm going to come right out and say it, I'm a teensy bit relieved. Proving that you really CAN have too a good thing... or in my case lots and lots of good things - mince pies, wine, more wine, more mince pies. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm just all socialized out. I don't want to see a Quality Street EVER again.... and as for TV, I've had it up to here with Christmas specials and New year round ups. I've had an entire series of 'The Good Wife' clogging up my sky + since October, and how can I possibly get near it when 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' (Bless their beautiful hides), is on?
2. Speaking of TV, January traditionally means a new series of 'Celebrity Big Brother', which I had FULLY intended to rise above, but then I took a quick peek, just to see which chumps were mad enough to go in this time, you understand, and wouldn't you know it, there was Claire from 'Steps' so I had to watch on. I totally fell in love with her in 'Steps The Reunion' last year and I know that we'd be BFFs if we ever actually met-its just a Tragedy we haven't-geddit?
3. The kids are still off school which is something of a mixed blessing. Yes, there's no homeworks or after school activities but there's an awful lot of bickering and playing the Wii and watching crap on TV.
This is despite my daily ritual of turfing them all outside one by one, ('Theres no such thing as bored-get out and get some fresh air!') and reintroducing them to their old friends Lego, blocks and dinosaurs ('Nope, not even 5 more minutes-it's unplugged for the night so here you go!'). Roll on Monday...for all of us!
5. I finally made it into 'The Irish News' on New Years Day at long bloody last. Despite a horrid picture of me, and the fact that I was interviewed TWO MONTHS before, I was hugely relieved that I hadn't actually dreamt the entire thing after all.
6. l leave you with our remote controlled Fart Box- every home should have one.....No, not really. What was
I Santa thinking, because honestly, it's turning out to be the gift that keeps on giving and the joke that never gets old!