pic

pic

Friday 22 June 2012

Friday Quick Takes

Seems like only yesterday...
  • Today is Jude's last day at primary school EVER and to celebrate there's a prayer service and a concert. Having been through this last year with Anna, this time I'm going prepared. That means waterproof mascara and plenty of tissues, because it's a very emotional 'one door closing my baby's growing up so quickly and I'm crying again' sort of morning. Yes, I know it's the start of a whole new exciting stage for him, and one that I know that he's ready for.....but I remember his very first day at school, and it REALLY doesn't seem that long ago. Now, he's leaving the security of his wonderful, nurturing primary school here in the country, and joining his sister at a big grammar school in the city. It's a huge milestone and of course, he doesn't even realize it and I just really, really hope that he'll be okay....But thankfully, first there's the summer holidays to enjoy!
  •  Speaking of which, we're going to take the children up to see the new caravilla this weekend for the first time. No doubt, there'll be great excitement and they'll stampede through it, slamming doors, claiming beds and finding spaces. I so hope we'll be happy there. I so hope it's the right move for us. And I so, so hope it doesn't rain ALL the time. 
  • Speaking of which, (how great am I getting at these links!?), I went to Ikea during the week to stock up on 'stuff' for the aforementioned caravilla. The problem is, no matter how well prepared I think I am with my lists and measurements, when I get there, I ALWAYS get flustered, bedazzled and carried away with the bright colours, the funky prints, and the wonderfully innovative storage solutions. But mostly, I think its just the sheer, fabulous Swedishness of it all. So just like every other time, I departed with a minivan filled to the brim with stuff I didn't know we needed, and £300+ poorer.                                                                                                                     
  • I'll leave you now with this little picture of a cheeky Luke, who was all too quiet yesterday morning, and when I went to find him, there he was happily ripping my cotton wool pads into tiny shreds all over the floor. As you do...when you're two!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment